Remember that Android Spotify app we saw way back in April? After a couple of months, it seems that the music streaming service finally has a version for those who appreciate the more stable things in life. The new Android app is available today, bringing with it a complete redesign, full support for Ice Cream Sandwich, added social functionality, cross-fade and gapless playback, hi-res album art and streaming at 320kps. Improvements over the beta version include a widget to control playback from the home screen, folder support and Last.fm scrobbling. Spotify’s offering the fairly noncommittal, “we reckon this might be our best mobile app yet.”
Quoted from Spotify’s blog post :
Great news! The amazing new Android app is here. It looks great, moves fast and is packed full of new features. It’s available to everyone from Google Play.
The preview we released a few weeks back got rave reviews – and we’ve sneaked in even more new features since then. You’ll love it!
Here’s what you get:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- Top-to-bottom redesign
- All-new slide-out navigation
- Even more social – check out friends’ profile pages and playlists on the go
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view – available for the first time on mobile
- ‘Extreme’ sound quality setting for 320kbps listening
- So much faster!
Plus, since the preview release we’ve added:
- Play queue
- Last.fm scrobbling
- Crossfade/gapless playback settings
- Widget – control Spotify from the home screen
- Folder support
You can find out for yourself by downloading it from Google Play today.